Donating my bits for MS research

I recently read about a woman who planned to donate her brain and spine when she died for the purpose of MS research and it got me thinking about doing the same.

I'd always planned on donating some of my organs after my death anyway. For some reason, the idea of donating my skin or my eyes always freaked me out! Logically, it shouldn't be any more different than donating my heart or my kidneys but it just makes me feel icky! The idea of my brain sitting in a jar somewhere also does not appeal to me but I would love to be a part of MS research.

Allowing for my scarry brain and spine to be used to find a cure for this disease makes me feel good, so I'm gonna get in contact with the Irish MS Society and enquire further about it!

Although I'm not planning on dying for quite some time.............

2 comments:

  1. Greetings From Southern California

    Have a Merry Christmas & Happy 2012

    God Bless You

    ~Ron @ *TOGB
    **************

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Ron. Apologies about the delay, I had no internet connection.
    I hope your life is good and I hope to speak with you in the future!

    ReplyDelete