How I got to today!

On October 13th, 2010 I noticed a weakness in my hand, making it difficult to write. I didn't believe it to be serious, but my boyfriend and mother bullied me into going to the doctors. I went to my GP on October 15th, 2010 and she could not figure out what was wrong, and I was immediately sent to hospital. I was admitted to the Neurology ward and stayed for seven days, where they conducted a number of blood tests, a CAT scan, and MRI scan and a lumbar puncture. I was informed, seven days after my first (known) symptom that they believed I may have MS. Within a week of leaving hospital, I had blurred vision and difficulty walking due to weakness in my legs. I started Copaxone daily injections on November 11th, 2010.

Every day brings a new challenge. Some days I wake up with a new symptom, or a previous symptom may be better or worse than it was the day before.
Being diagnosed with MS was a big shock to me and my family. We are still trying to realise what this means for my future, but what we all have in common is Hope.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lydia. Enjoying the blog. Take scourage to write I'm sure. Have friends and relatives with MS so appreciate some of what you are experiencing. Love the pictures. Much love BW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a million for the support, Booz.
    I've been really enjoying writing the blog, and meeting others through it.

    ReplyDelete